Friday, June 24, 2011

Green, Green, My World is Green


 Due to a very cool wet spring where I live. Everything is uncharacteristically green for this time of year. I am enjoying the color and the mild weather. I am thankful that I am able to live in a beautiful area.
 We haven't had to irrigate our yard yet and it is very green, as are the hills and pastures around us. The mild weather has been good for the animals and it should help reduce the numbers of grasshoppers we have. For three years, the grasshopper hoardes have gotten most of the garden. They are supposed to dislike cool, wet weather. I sure hope so.
 Many people are chosing to go green these days. I have done some of that. I recycle, reuse, refill as a part of my thrifty lifestyle. I also eat grean living things. The Lord has also draped my family with green this year. Next year may be browner and not so lush, so I am enjoying the blessing of green this summer.
                                                                    

                                                              
Lawana

No comments: