Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pay it Forward Again


If you haven't realized it yet, paying it forward is one of my favorite themes. Here is a list I gleaned from observing my friends and family. Some may be repeats, but they are still good. Though I live rurally, I have tried to include ideas I got from my city friends too, in case you need them.
  1. Always, most importantly, smile at strangers. Most will think you are on something, but that one heart broken and bewildered soul might be encouraged by that smile on the produce aisle.
  2. Rub your spouse or other family member's shoulders/feet/neck.
  3. Pay for the person's coffee who is in line behind you.
  4. Share your garden produce or your home made bread. Some people can't garden or bake. A fresh loaf of bread could make their entire week.
  5. Slide a gift card under someone's door or in their mail slot.
  6. Forgive another driver's driving error. How many times have you just missed the guy in your blind spot? It happens.
  7. Give someone a flower.
  8. Pray for the person who bugs you the most. Pray for them to be blessed.
  9. Buy pizza for someone's kids.
  10. Thank your boss or employer for allowing you to work for them.
  11. Thank your employee for working for you.
  12. Give away your old car rather than trade it in. It will be worth far more to someone who is walking than you will get toward your new car.
  13. Provide dinner to your local Ronald McDonald house. (Get approval from house manager first.)
  14. Bring in a rogue cart from the parking lot at the grocery store.
  15. Volunteer for your favorite charity.
  16. Help clean your church.
  17. Take circus peanuts to a nursing home resident. Stay and eat a few with them.
  18. Don't take the closest parking space..
  19. Serve a small child at a pot luck.
  20. Text or FB message someone just to thank them for being them.
I would love to hear any novel P.I.F. ideas you may have witnessed or used since my last list.
God bless you!
Lawana

6 comments:

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Hey...
You need to make these into a booklet.8~)
Today...I actually did a 2Moms post!
And... there are NO pictures(just this once).
Love ya,
Mommy 2

Lawana said...

Well, it looks as if I might have a little "down time" coming up. Perhaps I can work on that.
Lawana

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

I do NOT like it when you have "down" time! 8~(

Lawana said...

Yeah, I am not too crazy about it myself, but I trust that the Lord can use it.

Sunny Jane said...

Here's a few things that've meant the world to me in the last few weeks:
A hug and an "I'm praying for you".
Crocheted dishrags from a friend.
A coffee from a friend.
An email that told how much I meant to the sender.
Invite to dinner.
Someone coming to sit by me at church.

Funny how those little things make the heart glow!

Lawana said...

Thanks for commenting Sunny. It is good to have you visit over here in sunny, warm Montana!