Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!



Mom  pinning award on Ed, Jim looking on

Mom and Ed 2010
                                                                                     

Happy birthday Mom! I praise the Lord that you have stuck with us all these years. I know the temptation was (after you realized we were too big to pinch our heads off) to change your identity and go into the witness protection program or something.

I am very thankful you didn't go into hiding though. Thanks for putting up with my antics for the last 50 years. I know there have been more normal kids and that not every mom deals with the "eccentricities" that you have experienced from me. (And I was the adorable one!)

Seriously, thanks for 82 years of being who you are called to be and for supporting generations of kids, grandkids and great grandkids. Thanks for telling us like it is while still letting us explore our own destinies. There are few mothers in this world who have the balance right. I know of none who come close to having the discretion and compassion that is a constant part of your interaction with those who cross your path.

We are so thankful to God for being blessed with you for our mom. You are a rare gem.

Lawana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lawana's mom! Thank you for raising such a godly daughter who is a good friend to many, including me! Love, Jane Haveman

P.S. Wonderful pictures!

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Happy Birthday...Granny....
thanks for having Lawana
(and keeping her ;-)
Lawana...
Thanks for having Isaiah...
so Becky could meet & marry him.8-)
God is good, yes very Good!
Love ya,
Nancy