Saturday, July 16, 2011

Farmer's Market Report

Jesse and I had a wonderful time at the Farmer's Market. We took 5 or 6 types of fudge, several types of cookies and bars and some lettuce and micro greens. I LOVE the market. We did better than we have so far. Not getting rich by any means, but my son is developing a love of the market atmosphere and all my children are learning about baking, wildcrafting, making salves etc. Grace-Marie got fired last week because she was disobedient and difficult. Actually, I suppose she was just laid off, as we will give her another chance next week.

We had so much fun with our 4 Alarm, He-Man-Woman-Hater Fudge! (Named from the club on Little Rascals)
I made it for the people who complained that the regular Jalapeno fudge wasn't hot enough. This one definitely was! It tasted really good, but I could only eat a tiny nibble because of the heat. That is the only kind I should keep around.

I have been feeling good about getting in close to 5 miles walking as many days per week as I can. It is an accomplishment for me. Tonight; however, I talked to my sister-in-law and she told me that a lady we both know who is 86, is putting in 20 miles per day on a stationary bike! Now she could have just kept that information to herself! If I live to be 86, I probably won't even be able to get on a stationary bike. The nerve of some people.

I hope you had half as much fun as I had today (and that you didn't have an embarassing, earth shaking, bone crushing fall on concrete in front of half the town). I hope your sunset was stunning. I hope you see the sunrise. I hope when you count your blessings, you run out of fingers and toes.

God bless you!

Lawana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was just a sonic boom yesterday. Heard it all the way in Missoula! So sorry you fell, PRAISE THE LORD you are still able to hobble into church, and with a smile even!
Love you,
L.