Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hired Coffee

Recently, I have had the blessing of not having internet access in my house. My morning routine of pajama blogging has gotten interrupted. In its stead I have been FORCED to go to the coffee shop for internet access. Of course, being in a coffee shop, I HAVE to drink coffee!

In addition to the loss of internet at home, the range cattle have arrived at my walking road. I love cattle and particularly love that I live in an area where free range is law. I hope I don't live to see the day that ranchers in Montana have to fence their cattle in at all times. That said, I am pretty slow in my old age and not interested in a foot race with an angus bull. So...I go to town early in the morning and walk. After my walk, I go to the coffee shop and blog. Now that I think of it, having a bull chase me might be as much of a motivator as kicking the can...nah!

I like the big chain coffee shops. When I get to live in Seattle for days or weeks at a time while my children are getting medical care, I drink the rubber stamp coffee shop coffees. But coffee at Superior Mountain Mudd is a totally different experience. Here, a friend who knows my name, helps me tweak my coffe so that it is perfect and I don't experience heart palpitations later in the day. I get to visit with Bug and Puggie, the coffee shop dogs. I can be undisturbed to blog and think and even pray a little or I can catch up on some local news. I can interact as much or as little as I want. You can't get better than that!

What a deal! Even when things turn out wrong for me, they are right. Now if I could just show up in my jammies.

Lawana

3 comments:

2 Moms of a Feather...Stick Together said...

Ok...so the post makes me wish I...
A....Drank coffee
B....Lived where you live
C....could get myself out of bed earlier
Love your blog...I read it everyday!
Love ya,
Mommy 2
P.S. Why can't you wear your jammies?
(oh...ya...you are not @ Walmart...don't even get me going on this one)

Anonymous said...

Fun. Sounds like a wonderful morning routine! Thanks for getting me going on walking....

Jane

Rebekah said...

Do those dogs need sweaters? Just a thought ;) I think they would be good friends with Corky

There was an error in this gadget